[DRBD-user] drbd on ramdisks

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Fri Nov 19 14:37:09 CET 2010

Hello

I'm trying to setup drbd on a ramdisk. The idea is to use it for session
storage in a webserver cluster. However, I'm getting the following
error:

# drbdadm  create-md r2
Writing meta data...
initializing activity log
pwrite(13,...,32768,536834048) in md_initialize_common:AL failed:
Input/output error
Command 'drbdmeta 2 v08 /dev/ram0 internal create-md' terminated with
exit code 10

My resource configuration and an strace on the above drbdmeta command
can be found at

  http://pastebin.com/feNbVwmz

Is this kind of configuration supported?

Thanks,
Andre