[DRBD-user] Low performance over NFS after upgrade from 0.7.25 to 8.2.7

Håkan Engblom zyber_cynic at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:26:40 CET 2010

> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:11:09 +0100
> From: r.bhatia at ipax.at
> To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
> Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Low performance over NFS after upgrade from 0.7.25 to 8.2.7

> >> Then read about the disk settings no-disk-barrier, no-disk-flushes,
> >> no-md-flushes, which did not exist in 0.7, and have performance impact.
> > Missed this. Manipulating these settings "solves" the issue.
>
> may i kindly ask for the settings you are now using?
>
> thanks,
> raoul
> --

Well... I've not decided yet what settings to use. I could see that we got app. the same performance on 8.2.7 as on 0.7.25 when we used "alternative 3" the only alternative that was possible to have  before 8.0.9
With alternative 3 I mean "no-disk-barrier" "no-disk-flushes" and "mo-md-flushes". However this is less secure than leaving it on default settings for 8.2.7, which would be "barrier", so it boils down to what requirements we have...

br Håkan E.