[DRBD-user] un-fencing

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 18 17:57:05 CET 2010

Suppose a disconnected primary outdated (fenced) the secondary, e.g
through some other link and/or cluster management software. Now the
primary crashed and the cluster mng sw wants to promote the secondary,
for that end, it has to be taken out from the outdated state - how can
this be done e.g with drbdadm/drbdsetup?

I really hope this isn't RTFM and if yes, please show me the M... I saw
that there is some mentioning of un-fencing, but didn't manage to follow
how this works, except for the case where the connection recovers and
the state machine on the secondary node drbd kernel code changes its own
state after going to SyncTarget etc.

Or.