[DRBD-user] resource-and-stonith setting

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:00:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On another thread it was mentioned the following:
The drbd setting "resource-and-stonith" simply tells DRBD
that you have stonith configured in your cluster.
It does not by itself trigger any stonith action.

So if you have stonith enabled, and you want to protect against being
shot while modifying data, you should say "resource-and-stonith".

On my cluster I do use stonith, but I don't fully understand what this
setting does.
I understand that resource-and-stonith will add location constraint, as
the fencing resource-only setting, and it will also prevent a node with a role
of primary to be fenced. But then, what happens when Cluster sends a
fence event?

Initially, I thought it will trigger a fence event, therefore I didn't
use it because I
wanted to avoid a node which have role of secondary for drbd1 and role primary
for drbd2 to be fenced because the replication link of drbd1 was lost.

Can someone please elaborate this?

Regards,
Pavlos