[DRBD-user] un-matched versions

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Nov 1 09:35:34 CET 2010

On 10/31/2010 05:53 PM, David Muir Sharnoff wrote:
> Is it okay to upgrade just one host in a drbd pair?   I would like to
> try out a new kernel on one side before installing on both.   They're
> currently running drbd 8.0.8 and I would like to upgrade to the drbd
> included in the debian binaries (not obvious which version it is, but
> it's going to be more recent than 8.0.8)

Hi,

before making your first connection, make sure the supported protocols
overlap. Consider `head -n1 /proc/drbd`:

version: 8.3.8.1 (api:88/proto:86-94)

Load the new DRBD module on one of your nodes and compare the "proto"
entry to your old one. If there's an overlap, I think it will be safe to
bring your devices up.

Cheers,
Felix