[DRBD-user] The old question: drbd on lvm or vice versa?

Oliver Hoffmann oh at dom.de
Wed May 26 19:36:33 CEST 2010

Hi list!

I searched the web but I only found lvm on drbd and many problems
concerning kvm or xen. I need lvm and drbd to have a flexible
file server (without xen or the like).

If I put lvm on top of drbd I run into problems. Such as a complex
failover situation and I am limited to the physical space of a HD or
partitions.
Thus I think drbd on lvm would be better. In the end I want a
drbd- and pacemaker- based file server with nfs and cifs and iSCSI.
Plus I want to add one or more HD easily whenever needed or provide
more or less disk space for a client or a share.

What do you think?

Thanks for suggestions!

Cheers,

Oliver