[DRBD-user] Dynamically adding and removing iscsi targets from drbd resources.

Ralf W. mrsun2001 at yahoo.de
Tue May 25 09:27:05 CEST 2010

Hello Group -
We are using drbd/pacemeker/lvm/iscsitarget in our cluster environment. We are booting our KVM's using openiscsi from the storage cluster.  We are trying to add new resources(drbd0 has 2.9TB, using lvm to breakup into 100GB iscsi targets).
The goal is to automate this task and create KVM on the fly, add them to the pacemaker and iscsi configuration, clone a kvm and use the newly logical volume has the storage device.  We are doing this in the following order. Create a new LV (100GB), clone a KVM; add the crm (pacemaker) configuration, add /etc/ietd.conf (iscsitarget).  At this point the source is already exported, BUT after starting the KVM and running I/O, a drbd failover will render the newly create KVM un-useful. Sometimes, both drbd halfs are ending up in "standalone " mode and it looks like they are no longer know each other...
So I would be interested to find out what we are doing wrong.  Any tips would be helpful.  Thank You.
Ralf