[DRBD-user] 2 Oracle servers with drbd in master/master

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:12:14 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Cai, Zhi-Jian (Martin,ES-BAS-China-SH) <
zhijian.cai at hp.com> wrote:

> Yes, we have done master/slave mode with 2 mysql servers before, works
> well, oracle also no problem.
>
> But seems I haven't found any useful with master/master with DB server.

I think the only way to have a chance of a working environment shoud be with
both a cluster file system, drbd in primary/primary and Oracle configured as
a RAC (Real Application Cluster) environment between the two nodes.
Never tried though.
If you use a standard edition (perhaps it is also true with SE1) version of
Oracle, the RAC is free at the moment. No further charge.

HIH,
Gianluca