[DRBD-user] 2 Oracle servers with drbd in master/master

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Mon May 17 14:32:04 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 12:27 +0000, Cai, Zhi-Jian
(Martin,ES-BAS-China-SH) wrote:
> Yes, we use ocfs2. Do you have actual experiece about this? We can't finish the function use drbd master/master with 2 oracle servers.
>

> Martin Cai
>
> Best Shore Application Services China
>
> HP Enterprise Services
>
> Telephone +86 21 38896981
>
> Mobile +86 13818677850
>
> Email zhijian.cai at hp.com

Well, I guess its dependent on whether Oracle is capable of having its
data directory shared.

I have done active/passive fail-over pairs with MySQL and PostgreSQL
before, and that works very well, but never dual-primary like this.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower