[DRBD-user] Critical Fail :: bio would need to, but cannot, be split :: No Xen

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Mon May 17 13:51:35 CEST 2010

Mike Peachey wrote:
> May 17 08:00:02 carl kernel: block drbd0: bio would need to, but cannot,
> be split: (vcnt=2,idx=0,size=8192,sector=1810514356)
> May 17 08:00:02 carl kernel: Buffer I/O error on device dm-11, logical
> block 41455629

> Am working on trying to get the partition table, but it's giving me some
> trouble. Will provide ASAP.

I don't know if this is indicative of a problem or not, but I cannot get
gdisk or parted to read the GPT partition table. I don't have a huge
amount of GPT and DRBD experience and don't know if it won't show while
in use.. but it was very carefully configured in the first instance and
has shown no sign of error since.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT Systems Administrator
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com