[DRBD-user] Support for devices greater than 16Tbyte

Ballard, Justin jballar4 at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Fri Mar 19 19:53:50 CET 2010

Greetings all,

First off, my apologies if this appears twice.  This is my first time posting to the listserv and I made an attempt earlier today with an alias email address.  I don't think it worked.  If it did and this ends up being sent twice, I wholeheartedly apologize :)

On the roadmap for DRBD-8.3 support for devices bigger than 16TByte is mentioned.  I am in the midst of bringing up two 30Tbyte arrays that I would like to mirror with DRBD.  Is there a timeline for >16Tbyte support?  Currently, using 8.3.7, when initializing metadata for the device I get "Device too large. We only support up to ~16TB."

Many thanks for your response,

Justin