[DRBD-user] Guarantee write to both nodes

Hervé Gautier herve.gautier at thalesgroup.com
Fri Mar 19 17:23:51 CET 2010

Yuri Ushakov a écrit :

> I need synchronous replication over network, but with one strict rule
> - if DRBD says something is written, it should already be written to
> both nodes. When secondary is down, and DRBD is still writing to the
> primary - that is not really synchronous replication. That behaviour
> makes it asynchronous, because actual write to the secondary node is
> delayed.
>
> In general, I want to ensure that when database transaction is
> commited, the data rests on both nodes. If secondary is unavailable,
> transaction should be rolled back.

Hello all !

I don't understand the aim of this request (at least in
primary/secondary role).

If I forget DRBD, and I use mirrored disks (RAID1), why I would like to
forbid the write on one disk if the other is in failure ? The mirror
will be rebuilt when the failed disk will be replaced.

--
Hervé GAUTIER