[DRBD-user] Why does data not become active on secondary when primary is down?

Cameron Smith velvetpixel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:23:54 CET 2010

I am already running heartbeat but didn't know that I needed to use it to
manage DRBD. I though that DRBD would manage promotion internally.

Where is the how-to?

I have just been reading through the user guide:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/users-guide.html

And the install config walk though here:
http://www.drbd.org/docs/about

Cameron