[DRBD-user] Does VMFS " play nice" with primary/primary?

Patrick Zwahlen paz at navixia.com
Tue Mar 16 08:39:15 CET 2010

Josh Aune <ladros at ...> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Patrick Zwahlen <paz at ...> wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, even a cluster FS (OCFS2, GFS) wouldn't help.
>
> Not sure about your particular needs, but years ago I did build a SAN
> backed GFS cluster where each node served up NFS exports of the shared
> GFS mounts.  It isn't a preferred solution, but it did work.

Ya, I think it might work as long as the exports are different on each nodes. In
that case, it might be more efficient to have 2 DRBD ressources attached to each
one of the two nodes, and a special pacemaker/hb RA that can handle add/remove
from /etc/exports. The problem I can see will be to remove a mount point from
/etc/exports when there are open files. If you failover the entire NFS server,
you can easily 'kill -9' the server in order to stop it.

Regards, - Patrick -