[DRBD-user] Help with config

dbarker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Mon Mar 15 19:21:20 CET 2010

Velvet Pixel wrote:

> The partition I want drbd to match to secondary is / and it is at
> /dev/sda2.
>
> Is this the correct syntax?

No. That is not the correct way to do this. I'm not sure what is the correct
way.

The device is the physical device. In this case /dev/sda2.
The disk, is the logical device, the thing you mount (or access with some
application like iscsi-target), usually /dev/drbd1.

You won't get to the point where drbd is running before / has to be mounted.
I'm sure there is a way to do what you want, but it probably is an advanced
subject wherein you boot a r/o filesystem that loads enough drbd for it to
access your root partition and serve it up as root, and then chains into
your regular loader. These are wild guesses as to what would have to happen
to get /dev/drbd1 mounted as /. Someone who actually knows what they are
talking about will have to help you. I just know you've had a seemingly easy
question up for over 24 hours with no feedback and I thought this might
help.

Dan Barker