[DRBD-user] Detection of Logical Volume on nested LVM

dbarker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Fri Mar 12 23:34:49 CET 2010

2)
  You observe that data written on some iscsi client
  to a target on top of DRBD is not (immediately) visible
  from some other iscsi client.
  This I have to believe you.

I haven't figured out the structure here from these messages, but I did see
the keyword iSCSI. I had similar problems with iscsi-target LUNs on drbd
when I had them defined as fileio. iscsi-target was caching. Changing the
definitions to blockio fixed all. Don't know if this is applicable to your
situation, but the following worked for me. I was using a VMFS filesystem on
the iSCSI targets.

Dan Barker

cat /etc/ietd.conf
 Target iqn.2010-03.com.visioncomm.Storage00:Storage00
 Lun 0 Path=/dev/drbd1,Type=blockio,ScsiSN=SPIDSK-090311-00
 Lun 1 Path=/dev/drbd2,Type=blockio,ScsiSN=SPIDSK-090312-00
 Alias iDISK0