[DRBD-user] fence-peer helper broken, returned 0

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 11 19:44:51 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 04:16:30PM +0100, Mikkel Raakilde Jakobsen wrote:
> > make sure heartbeat is stopped first,
> > drbd is stopped somewhen later,
> > network is stopped last.
>
> I am sorry, I forgot some info in my first post. We are trying a HA crash test by powering off the primary host.
>
> > If the other one never took over, as you say,
> > how do they manage to diverge?
>
> They both go into StandAlone and Secondary mode. In the log it tells
> me that it detected a split brain, but I guess the two hosts aren't
> really different, as the standby host never went Primary.

Better show those parts of the logs...

If you have a Connected Primary/Secondary UpToDate/UpToDate,
you crash, reboot, do whatever you want, to the Primary,
while the Secondary stays Secondary,
there will not be any data diversion,
and they are expected to connect and sync up
once they can see each other again,
whether you configure any drbd level fencing or not.

--
: Lars Ellenberg