[DRBD-user] Multiple drbd devices

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:07:14 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm going to be installing some new storage servers fairly soon using
DRBD. I currently have 2 servers with this sort of config:
r0 Primary/Secondary
r1 Secondary/Primary

I'm considering changing to something like this:
r0 Primary/Secondary
r1 Primary/Secondary
r2 Primary/Secondary
r3 Secondary/Primary
r4 Secondary/Primary
r5 Secondary/Primary

on top of a 4x2TB RAID 10.

This is in the interests of splitting users (mailboxes) into smaller
partitions. Should a full sync ever be necessary then there's only be
130G to sync rather than 950GB like I have now.

Are there any gotchas or good reasons that having multiple partitions
like that are a bad idea? The original configuration I had has worked
fine for ages apart from the servers not coping well with a full
resync while still being under load.

Thanks
Guy

--