[DRBD-user] Detection of Logical Volume on nested LVM

Olivier LAMBERT lambert.olivier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:46:10 CET 2010

> It just replicates whatever you write to it, no more, no less.

That's why I don't understand why it works fine when LVM clients are
connected on the same DRBD server, and it doesn't work when each
client is on separate DRBD server (despite replication is working).
Can you explain this behaviour ?

Furthermore, I do some tests with cLVM. My cluster is working, I can
create pv and vg on one node, but the other can't see it. Then, when I
try to create a LV, cLVM says :
lvcreate -L82M -n testvol vg_xen
  Rounding up size to full physical extent 84,00 MB
  Error locking on node ad37864: Volume group for uuid not found:
1xgSmqky8beMkIQSGqYQ0fSC6IdOBOJEg46qEeWY9eV9njYJ2B9zxJwyXIaSHs3h
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

Sorry if I miss someting...

Olivier
XO Project
http://xen-orchestra.com