[DRBD-user] DRBD RAID question

Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi c.mammoli at apra.it
Mon Mar 1 15:14:19 CET 2010

George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have DRBD 8 on 2 of my servers.
>
> The servers have a RAID0 array which is mirrored by drbd.
>
> My question is what happens if one HDD from the RAID0 array on one
> server fails and the RAID array is broken? Will DRBD mirror the broken
> stuff to the other server too messing up the data?

Afaik it depends on "on-io-error" setting in your config file.
If you have "detach" hopefully the server with the broken HD will give
up before any major filesystem corruption takes place.

Anyway a raid-0 array it's not exactly a must-have on a server.

--
Cristian Mammoli
APRA SISTEMI srl

Web   www.apra.it