[DRBD-user] half-built degraded test array waits forever

Steve Wray steve.wray at cwa.co.nz
Fri Jun 18 00:16:44 CEST 2010

Hi there

I have built one half of a drbd cluster and everything is fine except after a reboot;

On reboot I have to enter 'yes' on the console.

The aim is to be able to run this one-half of drbd for some simple tests, there is no worry about redundancy or any concerns like this; the array is degraded, we know, we would like it to boot up without manual intervention on the console, please :)

drbd appears to be ignoring these values:

degr-wfc-timeout 1;
wfc-timeout 1;

or am I missing something?

I had anticipated that the degr-wfc-timeout value of one second would result in the half-array coming up after a one second delay and the text on the screen at this time *appears* to support this hypothesis;

<quote>
DRBD's startup script waits for the peer node(s) to appear.
- In case this node was already a degraded cluster before the
  reboot the timeout is 1 seconds. [degr-wfc-timeout]
- If the peer was available before the reboot the timeout will
  expire after 1 seconds. [wfc-timeout]
  (These values are for resource 'java-drbd-disk'; 0 sec -> wait forever)
To abort waiting enter 'yes' [100]: yes
</quote>

I am puzzled as to where the '0 sec' comes from.

Thanks!!

--
Steve Wray

CWA
Level 2, 32 Blair Street, PO Box 19090
Wellington 6149, New Zealand
Ph: +64 4 382 6526
Fax: +64 4 382 6509
Mob: 021 448680
www.cwa.co.nz

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please do not save, forward, disclose, or copy the contents of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error, our apologies. Please notify us immediately by telephone on +64 4 382 6500 so we can address this.