[DRBD-user] drbd support added to opensvc clustering tool

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:56:49 CEST 2010

Hi list,

this note to let you know we added the drbd support to OpenSVC
clustering tool.

drbd devices are treated as disk resources by OpenSVC : they implement
the start, stop and startstandby commands.

o Start sets up the disk attachment, the connection and promote role to
primary.
o Stop unconfigures the resource
o Startstandby sets up the disk attachment, the connection and promote
role to secondary.

Supported drbd layering :

o disk -> drbd -> fs
o disk -> drbd -> vg/lv -> fs (with 'prevg' resource tag)
o disk -> vg/lv -> drbd -> fs (with 'postvg' resource tag)

The expected use-cases are:

o 2-nodes clusters with shared disk replicated to a disaster recovery
remote node with drbd: primary/unconfigured -> secondary
o 2-nodes nodes clusters with local disks replicated with drbd:
primary/primary or primary/secondary

The implementation is fresh, and this is our first experience with drbd,
so comments are welcome.

More details and documentation on OpenSVC at http://www.opensvc.com/

Best regards,
--