[DRBD-user] weird problem

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Jun 6 22:32:46 CEST 2010

Hi Folks,

I have a really weird problem that I hope someone can help with.

The file /var/log/boot (i.e., my boot log file) can't be read or removed
- pretty much every operation gives the error "Stale NFS File handle."

The thing is, it's not on an NFS volume (I don't have any NFS volumes
mounted).  Instead, it's on a DRBD device, that in turn is on an LVM
volume, on top of a RAID array.

Here's what I've tried to remedy the situation:

1. it's on the root volume for a Xen domU
-- stopped and started NFS on the domU
-- I've rebooted the domU

2. I shut down the domU and mounted the volume in dom0
-- it still shows as "Stale NFS file handle"
-- it still can't be deleted

3. unmounted the volume, took the DRBD device, brought the DRBD device
back up, mounted it
-- still shows as "Stale NFS file handle"
-- still can't delete it

Any thoughts on what's going on, or at least on how to delete the file.
I'm trying to diagnose something else, and I'd sure like boot logging back!

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman