[DRBD-user] DISKLESS Resource

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 24 10:55:11 CET 2010

Please, at least on mailing lists,
send plain text mail only.

For the last few mails, your text part is about one paragraph,
(< 1k), while outlook html inflates it to 50 or 60 kilobyte.
Result is that the mailing list will hold it back
until some moderator (me) comes along, and fixes it.

Just imagine what would happen if you actually sent some logs...

maybe this helps:
http://www.cmu.edu/computing/doc/email/outlook/2003/format.html

Preferably also try to disable the legalese signature
that takes up more space than your actual text.

And, unless explicitly asked by someone,
don't "reply to all", but reply to the list only.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 06:24:13PM +0100, Alan Cowes wrote:
> Hello Mike!,
>

> Well let me tell you that fixed the problem! But.. now the system doesn't
> book properly, it saids that the system can´t find /dev/drbd1, and that I
> have to set a maintenance password or press Control-D to continue, if I do
> that, it runs good, I have also change the Fstab with noauto as follows:
>

> /dev/drbd1      /home           ext3    noauto        0       2
>

> I don´t have the DRBD2 set there, do I really need to?
>
> I only set the Fstab on the slave one, the master is with the md1, I guess I
> need to change them too, but not right now.

You realise that you'd need a cluster manager, and that cluster
manager's job would be to promote (make primary) drbd, and mount the
file system?
Of course you may take that job yourself,
and do what is necessary by hand, each time.

But you could also use pacemaker...

> LOPD: INFORMACION SOBRE PROTECCION Y TRATAMIENTO DE DATOS PERSONALES
> LOPD: INFORMATION ABOUT PROTECTION AND TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
> AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD:
> CONFIDENTIALE NOTICE:
> LOPD: INFORMACION SOBRE PROTECCION Y TRATAMIENTO DE DATOS PERSONALES:
> AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD:
> CONFIDENTIALE NOTICE:

besides thes taking up additional 3kByte of bandwidth without carrying
any information, it is seriously misplaced on public mailing lists...

Thanks,

--
: Lars Ellenberg