[DRBD-user] DRBD - Slow Performance

Dan Lavu Dan.Lavu at rivermine.com
Wed Feb 17 17:24:44 CET 2010

Bernd,

We wrote exceptions for the two machines to be out of the VPN and permitted all traffic, it's still capped at 2MB/s. So it's not the IPsec tunnel. I've been talking to RussS, there is a program called DRBD Proxy designed for WANs, do you think it might be a software limitation? Does a network test to find out that my latency is too high and caps it, because DRBD Proxy is the proper solution?

Does anybody on here, use DRBD without DRBD Proxy to go across a WAN?

Another update, I installed the same config on two LANed machines, using ramdisks, and I was transferring at 80-120MB/s, have to love GigE and Ramdisks. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dan Lavu