[DRBD-user] DRBD 2.5TB Max Size?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 16 22:27:11 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:24:05PM -0800, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> > Sorry bud, you have to repartition it.
>
> Oh well. No data on it yet anyway. The bigger question is, how to I get
> the GPT label on it since its an LVM volume.

If it is lvm, it should not need GPT (at least not on that level).
previously you mentioned it was a sofware raid (/dev/md3).

So what is what, exactly?

What does your stack look like,
what does /proc/partitions have to say about it all,
or /proc/mdstat,
or blockdev --getsize64?

What do pvs, vgs, lvs have to say about the matter?
where does DRBD come into the picture,
and where do your file system live?

What does tune2fs have to say about the file system?

Note that for large DRBDs it is strongly
recommended to upgrade to 8.3.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT HA-Solutions GmbH