[DRBD-user] DRBD - Slow Performance

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Feb 15 23:30:02 CET 2010

Dan Lavu wrote:
> Digi,
>
> Thanks for advance again, but I've already tried this. I'm still pegged
> at 2MB/s. I've exhausted IRC any google searches involving DRBD slow
> sync. I'm really contemplating rebuilding the machine with a RAID 10 to
> enhance performance but I still do not know if this is going to resolve
> the issue, any thoughts about this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dan Lavu

How is performance on the local disk? Have you checked using something
like: fdisk -tT /dev/sda? Also, what performance do you get if you write
a large file to the array?

What I am wondering is; Is the performance limitation a DRBD issue, a
disk issue or a sync'er issue. What kind of performance do you get
sending a file over the DRBD's network interfaces directly (not writing
to the DRBD disk)?

Digi