[DRBD-user] drbd with 3 nodes - please help a newbie

Muhammad Sharfuddin m.sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Tue Feb 9 08:34:14 CET 2010

Hello,

I am running a two node(node1, node2) active passive(standby) Oracle
cluster via Linux-HA. Oracle is installed on "/oracle", and /oracle is
an 'ext3' filesystem on SAN/LUN.

At any given time, either all of the resources(IP, Filesystem, and
Oracle) are on node1, or node2.

Now to make a DR, I want to put/implement 'drbd', but in a way that both
the cluster nodes(node1, and node2) remains mounting the same
disk/device(SAN Disk), but there will be another machine(node3) which
should not be the part of Linux-HA cluster, and will be the standby
oracle machine having its own/separate disk.

so my drbd configuration should be like

1 - /oracle is mounted on /dev/drbd0(/dev/sdb1.. a SAN disk/LUN) mounted
by either node1 or node2,

and

2 - /dev/drbd0(/dev/sdc1) on node3 will be the drbd devices.

is it possible ?
any help/document/url will be highly appreciated

Regards,
--ms