[DRBD-user] WARN: no normal resources defined for this host

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Tue Feb 2 08:23:56 CET 2010

>         disk      /dev/san01/lv02;
>         }
>         on an_san02 {
>                 address   10.0.0.72:7789;
>             disk      /dev/san02/lv02;
>         }

> [root at san01 ~]# drbdadm dump
> WARN: no normal resources defined for this host (san01.alteeve.com)!?
>
> [root at san02 ~]# drbdadm dump
> WARN: no normal resources defined for this host (san02.alteeve.com)!?
>
>   Can someone twack me with a clue-stick? :)

sure. i'll take a whack. :)

trimming your email to the important parts i see.

i'm pretty sure the problem is that in your config file you specify the
hosts as an_san01 and an_san02 but drbd sees the hosts as san01 and
san02. not exactly the same hostnames. according to the man page for
drbd.conf, the 'on' option needs to match the output of uname -n. i'm
guessing you created aliases to point an_san{01,02} to san{01,02} but
drbd doesn't check them. change the config file to use the other names
and you should be fine.

mike