[DRBD-user] Announce: Final Release of Heartbeat 3.0.2, Cluster-Glue 1.0.2, and Resource-Agents 1.0.2

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Feb 1 19:35:55 CET 2010

This is to announce that we now have released version 1.0.2 Cluster Glue
and the Resource Agents package, and version 3.0.2 for Heartbeat.

This is the STABLE series of Heartbeat, intended for use with the
Pacemaker cluster resource manager.

3.0.2 is the first "official" 3.0 release.  We chose 3.0.2 to avoid
versioning conflicts with Heartbeat packages in Fedora -- those were
built from post-2.99 Mercurial snapshots and were numbered 3.0.0 and
3.0.1 respectively.

Major changes since the last official "stable" release (2.1.4):

  As you all know, there has been a package split, about two years
  ago. The Cluster Resource Manager (and its package) has long since
  been called Pacemaker. The "heartbeat" package now contains the
  messaging infrastructure layer only.

  In the "cluster-glue" package, the Local Resource Manager,
  "plumbing" infrastructure, STONITH, error reporting and logging
  stuff can be found. The OCF Resource Agents have been moved to their
  own package ("cluster-agents" in debian, or "resource-agents"
  everywhere else).

  The name "heartbeat" should no longer be applied to the Linux-HA
  project as a whole, but should be used for the messaging layer
  exclusively.

  There have been quite a few bugfixes in heartbeat infrastructure as
  well as glue and resource agents.  For details, please see the
  Mercurial logs.

  Please do not expect to get community support on the old 2.1
  releases. You are really strongly encouraged to upgrade to Heartbeat
  3.0 and Pacemaker. Using the "haresources" mode of operation, though
  still possible, is strongly discouraged.

DOCUMENTATION
  is available at http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Documentation

The release tarballs are available from
  http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Download
which will also point to locations of binary packages.

The hgweb view of the Mercurial repository can be found at
  http://hg.linux-ha.org/heartbeat-STABLE_3_0

Build instructions have been written up by Andrew on the Clusterlabs
website (http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install#From_Source).

--
: Lars Ellenberg