[DRBD-user] DRBD on Compact Flash

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Dec 15 11:04:38 CET 2010

On 2010-12-13 22:50, Nils Carlson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an embedded project where we we're thinking of lifting a server
> application that relies on DRBD onto the embedded system.
>
> Has anyone looked at running DRBD on Compact Flash devices? DRBD is
> normally quite write intensive (especially the bitmaps)

You are, of course, aware that DRBD flushes a portion of the quick-sync
bitmap to disk only when the corresponding AL extent expires. So unless
you have an exceedingly small AL, bitmap writes will not be much of a
concern to you.

> so we're worried
> about wear-leveling and how long the Compact Flash will last.

I'd say most probably you should worry more about your application, not
so much about DRBD.

Florian