[DRBD-user] strange split-brain problem

Tue Dec 7 14:09:13 CET 2010

Am 07.12.2010 12:08, schrieb Klaus Darilion:
>> You will need to resolve that, refer to
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resolve-split-brain.html
>
> I did that now and try to reproduce the problem.

It happened again. Here is what I did:

1. on node B:
   drbdadm secondary resource
   drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect resource

2. on node A
   drbdadm connect resource

Then everything was fine again. node A was primary, node B was secondary.

Then I shut down node B.

Then I rebooted node A.

Then, one resource on node A came up as primary without the problems.
The second resource on node A (the one which I had to resolve from split
brain) again did not come up:

block drbd5: State change failed: Refusing to be Primary without at
least one UpToDate disk

The I tried to force it to primary:

# drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary cc-manager-templates-ha
5: State change failed: (-2) Refusing to be Primary without at least one
UpToDate disk

Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks
Klaus