[DRBD-user] DRBD Outdated by Pacemaker/Heartbeat

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 31 17:08:53 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 03:57:30PM +0200, Raphaël LOUIS wrote:
> Hi DRBD-user group,
>

> I am using pacemaker 1.0.9, Heartbeat 3.0.3 and DRBD 8.3.7 .
>
> Each time I put a node in standby mode (crm node standby) the other node
> gets in Slave state, instead of staying or getting Master :

This is unfortunate ;(

> #crm_mon
> ============
> Last updated: Thu Aug 26 12:31:11 2010
> Stack: Heartbeat
> Current DC: slave () - partition with quorum
> Version: 1.0.9-unknown
> 2 Nodes configured, unknown expected votes
> 2 Resources configured.
> ============
>
> Node slave (): standby
> Online: [ master ]

Whaaa, don't do that.
Do not have host names like master and slave.
Just immagine the phone call operator <-> support
at 2am Sunday morning.

> When a server is offline or in standby mode, I would like the other one to
> be Primary and make ressources working on it.

Sure.

> How can I do to make understand Heartbeat/Pacemaker not to put DRBD in
> Outdated state and make it putting services/resources on the other node ?

Can you please replace the drbd ocf script
with the most recent one from git.drbd.org, and see if that helps?

http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=blob_plain;f=scripts/drbd.ocf;hb=HEAD

if that still shows this behaviour,
please do (as root!)
( umask 0077 && mkdir /tmp/drbd.ocf.ra.debug && touch /tmp/drbd.ocf.ra.debug/log )

Then reproduce the issue, and send a gzip of that logfile my way.

(remove that logfile again, once your are done,
or it will fill up your /tmp/ ;-)

--
: Lars Ellenberg