[DRBD-user] Recovering from split brain

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Aug 25 16:10:13 CEST 2010

> A better idea might be to run multiple ocfs2/drbd/s, one for each
> HOST. Put all
> VM's of each HOST on its owned resource. Then split brain recovery
> direction is trivial.
>
> Gotcha's are if someone is doing some maintenance and moves a VM to
> the other host and forgets to move it back or the SB happens while the
> maintenance is going on.
>
> It depends on what's running where and why and what you are trying to
> protect.
>
> hth
>
> Dan in Atlanta

Dan,

Thanks for the response. So if I understand you correctly, you're saying
have two ocfs2/drbd's. VMs running on xenhost1 would use ocfs2/drbd/1,
and VMs running on xenhost2 would use ocfs2/drbd2.

Like you mentioned, the concern is if someone moves one and forgets to
move it back.

Thanks for the suggestion, adding it to the list!

Thanks,
James