[DRBD-user] xen domU failes to boot from drbd device

Simon Billis simon at houxou.com
Wed Aug 11 12:29:06 CEST 2010

Jena Baptiste FAVRE sent a missive on 2010-08-10:

> Hello, Are you running HVM DomU ? If Yes, using drbd:resource in your
> xen config file won't work. See:
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/s-xen-configure-domu.html
>
> In order to use live migration, you must setup DRBD resource to allow
> both side as primary:
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/s-xen-create-resource.html
>
> I use it with Debian without any problem ;-)
>
> Regards,
> JB

I'm not running a HVM - only PVM :-) - I have upgraded xen to 3.4.3 so I
have the "correct" pygrub and I have my drbd configured with allow two
primaries. The live migration works IF I manually control the
promotion/demotion of the drbd resource or if I leave the drbd resource in
primary/primary mode and I use the phy:/dev/drbdresource notation in the
domU config. If I use the drbd:drbdresource in the domU config then nothing
works - not even starting the domU

Thanks

S.