[DRBD-user] Is rate parameter for all resources or can be configured for each resource ?

Hervé Gautier herve.gautier at thalesgroup.com
Fri Apr 23 10:23:33 CEST 2010

Joseph L. Casale a écrit :

>> What about using both ?
>>

> Why, what would that accomplish?

It could be a way to allocated bandwidth per resource, but in case of
several resources need to synchronize, the global may be used for a
global limitation.
For example:

common {
  syncer {
     rate 20M;
     [...]
  }
  [...]
}
resource r1
  syncer {
     rate 10M;
     [...]
  }
  [...]
}
resource r2
  syncer {
     rate 15M;
     [...]
  }
  [...]
}

So I define my maximum bandwidth at 20M in the common part. This is due
to my network.
Because of the limitation of the disks of r1, I define a bandwidth at
10M for this resource,
and because of the limitation of the disks of r2, I define a bandwidth
at 15M for this resource.

Thus:
- If r1 has to be synchronized, my bandwidth will be 10M.
- If r2 has to be synchronized, my bandwidth will be 15M.
- If r1 and r2 have to be synchronized, my bandwidth will be 20M (and
not 10+15=25M).

--
Hervé GAUTIER