[DRBD-user] how to inject disk block errors?

Rod Melton latenite4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:22:56 CEST 2010

I'm using *#drbd* <http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23drbd> 8.0.14 disk
cluster under*#montavista*<http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23montevista>
 5.0 *#linux <http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23linux> kernel 2.6.21 *i686
arch.
I am clustering a partition on a serial disk (/dev/sda) with a similar
partition on another system.

I would like to know how can I inject disk block errors so that I can test
error handling.
If there is some software to or package which you have used to inject disk
block errors,
I would appreciate knowing about it.  I want to see how my system handles
disk
errors.

Thanks,
Rod M.