[DRBD-user] Online verify causes kernel panic in XenServer 5.5

Alexander Thieme at at sendemails.com
Sun Apr 4 13:44:24 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I am using XenServer 5.5 Update 2 with 2 servers in a XenPool and DRBD
8.3.5. Both nodes share a DRBD device and both are primary.

When I try to do an online verify of the resource one of the nodes crashes:
Node 1, where I execute the command "drbdadm verify <resource>"
continues to run, whereas node 2 crashes.

I have a crash dump and I am not complete sure which lines are most
interesting. Probably it is:
    Call Trace:
      [c01014a7] hypercall_page+0x4a7 (37: __HYPERVISOR_kexec_op)
       c025f6c1  machine_kexec+0x21
       c01d0069  sys_semctl+0x919
       c01d0069  sys_semctl+0x919
       c014a626  crash_kexec+0x66
       c01dcf48  md5_update+0x88
       c0106e8f  die+0x34f
       c011a4eb  do_page_fault+0x68b
       c0119e60  vmalloc_sync_all+0x4b0
       c01060d3  error_code+0x2b
       c01dcf48  md5_update+0x88
       c01db7e5  update+0xa5
       c0178da7  __kmalloc+0xc7
       c02b9fe2  sock_common_setsockopt+0x22
       c0130fd1  del_timer_sync+0x11
       c0103005  kernel_thread_helper+0x5

When I change the hash function to sha1, I get the following:

    Call Trace:
      [c01014a7] hypercall_page+0x4a7 (37: __HYPERVISOR_kexec_op)
       c025f6c1  machine_kexec+0x21
       c0320069  xfrm_state_find+0x7e9
       c0320069  xfrm_state_find+0x7e9
       c014a626  crash_kexec+0x66
       c0327fa9  sha_transform+0x19
       c0106e8f  die+0x34f
       c011a4eb  do_page_fault+0x68b
       c02ba72e  release_sock+0x9e
       c02d3a07  __qdisc_run+0xd7
       c0119e60  vmalloc_sync_all+0x4b0
       c01060d3  error_code+0x2b
       c0327fa9  sha_transform+0x19
       c011c6a9  __kmap_atomic+0x189
       c011c78f  kmap_atomic+0x1f
       c01db7e5  update+0xa5
       c0178da7  __kmalloc+0xc7
       c02b9fe2  sock_common_setsockopt+0x22
       c0130fd1  del_timer_sync+0x11
       c0103005  kernel_thread_helper+0x5

If you need any further information, let me know. I am very interesting
in getting this fixed.

Best regards,
Alexander Thieme