[DRBD-user] "fence-peer helper broken, returned 1"

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 03:21:47 CEST 2009

Solved my own problem.  According to this link, I've encountered a
known bug in recent versions of DRBD:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/57754

So manually running the drbd outdater works as expected:

[root at test01 ~]# /usr/lib64/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater -p test02 -r
ha_disk; echo $?
4

And I can also get it to work like so:

[root at test01 ~]# DRBD_PEER=test02 DRBD_RESOURCE=ha_disk /sbin/drbdadm
fence-peer minor-0; echo $?
4

I've modified the "outdate-peer" line in drbd.conf to include the
above command, complete with environment variables.

Also, I will be adding a serial link for improved reliability.

Thanks!

-Ben