[DRBD-user] DRBD full sync is stalled

Marcelo Roccasalva roccas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:13:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 08:10, Jeroen Groenewegen van der Weyden
<groen692 at grosc.com> wrote:

> Anybody?
>
> The same seems to happen with 8.3.3RC2. although the error is either to freeze the system or the system disconnects all network interfaces. Anybody?
>
> mfg,
>
> jeroen
>
> Jeroen Groenewegen van der Weyden wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem when full syncing with drbd the target machine freezes. scenario is simple whenever a full sync is made manual or automaticly the syncing is stalled after some time. after the syncing reaches the stalled states a view moments later the target machine freeze entirely.

I had this problem once, and it was due a faulty network card.
Configuring the sync speed to 1/10 of the network speed was an interim
(remote) solution and changing the card solved the problem
permanently.

--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que ésta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que
de vida?" (Mafalda)