[DRBD-user] Drbd and network speed

Chris khris4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:47:55 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I have a raid 6 setup with lvm and my write is fast around 500mb sec.
I want to but the drbd on top the lvm and the another lvm on top of
drbd. I'm wondering

1. Will why write speed decrease because drdb needs to write the data
to the secound server?

2. My raid 6 is 1tb is it better to break it up into 4 250gig or two
five hundred gig and 4 drbd for better speed?

All the data that is going thru drbd is connected by 1gig cross over
cable to both servers. Just thinking that the gig link may slow down
brbd with drive size and speed of drive. Sas 15k

This setup is for two xen server that will be using the allocated lvm
chunck

Sent from my iPhone