[DRBD-user] Question on ext3 and dual primaries mode

PieterB PieterB at gewis.nl
Mon Sep 14 20:14:26 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 09:26:45AM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> Using ext3 on top of dual primary DRBD is a sure fire way of destroying
> data. Does that answer your question?
That does answer my question. I think I will leave ext3 out of the viable
options for creating a fault-tolerant storage with dual primary mode...

Is either OCFS2 or GFS2 recommended over the other filesystem? I've used
other Oracle software in the past, and would not generally recommend it for
fault-tolerant and stable systems. I've read through the Oracle OCFS2 and
DRBD OCFS2 documentation, and I was surprised. It seemed better than average
Oracle documentation. Does the state of the documentation reflect the state
of the OCFS2 software?

Any thoughts/preferences for either OCFS2 or GFS2 and more considerations
are more than welcome.

Regards,
Pieter

PS I will create a Ubuntu bug report on the documentation, in order to improve it.