[DRBD-user] Increase perfomance with external meta-disk driver...

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira gilberto.nunes at selbetti.com.br
Fri Oct 30 17:33:46 CET 2009

Hi Crhistopher

I use a Dell PowerEdge T300 with 1 GB  of RAM, HD's SATA II.
I use two giga ethernet card too...

Search on google, I found some tricks to solve my problem about
performance.
(http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-throughput-tuning.html)

So, now /etc/drbd.conf is here:

global { usage-count no; }
common {
         syncer
        {
                rate 300M;
                al-extents 3389;
        }

        disk {
                no-disk-barrier;
                no-disk-flushes;
        }
}
resource r0 {
        protocol C;
        startup {
                wfc-timeout 15;
                degr-wfc-timeout 60;
                become-primary-on both;
        }
        net {
                sndbuf-size 0;
                rcvbuf-size 0;
                max-buffers 8000;
                unplug-watermark 16;
                max-epoch-size 8000;
                cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                shared-secret "drbd123";
                allow-two-primaries;
                after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
                after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
                after-sb-2pri disconnect;
       }
        on kvm-0 {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/sda3;
                address 10.0.0.100:7788;
                meta-disk /dev/sda4[0];
        }
        on kvm-1 {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/sda3;
                address 10.0.0.110:7788;
                meta-disk /dev/sda4[0];
        }
}

I happy now! :)

If you have some other suggestions, will welcome!

Thanks a lot

Best Regards