[DRBD-user] BUG? Oops: kernel NULL pointer dereference in drbd_connector_callback

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 29 17:09:41 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 04:08:01PM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 29.10.2009, 15:43 +0100 schrieb Philipp Reisner:
> > Unfortunately, the way the debian packaging works, they never call that
> > script.
>
> I'm aware of this issue, it was the way the Debian package worked when I
> took it over.
>
> Unfortunately last time I tried to modify the package so it runs this
> script during the build process, I realized that it requires a complete
> kernel source tree.
>
> Currently we only depend on the linux-headers package to build DRBD,
> looks like we need to change this. I'll take another look at it next
> weekend.

Nonsense.

We build against kernel header packages all along.
So that is expected to work.

In fact, I just counted in our build environment for the last build run
of 8.3.5, it does work just fine for currently 125 different kernel
versions/releases, including debian etch, lenny, bpo, ubuntu, sles,
rhel...  generating 746 kernel version/release/flavour modules total.
I don't think any of those has complete kernel-sources installed.

If you can't get it to work, how about complaining?

Talk with upstream.
We are here.
We often listen.
We sometimes even answer ;)

That would certainly be better than silently ignoring the "configure",
hoping for the best, and "sometimes" work.

> 	Norbert

Cheers.

--
: Lars Ellenberg