[DRBD-user] Question about upgrade from 8.3.0 to 8.3.4

Dimitrij Hilt dimitrij.hilt at fhe3.com
Fri Oct 16 11:23:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

we must (new hardware) switch our kernel version to new one. Our server
runs with kernel 2.6.26-amd64 and DRBD-8.3.0

Ist it safe to upgrade slave to kernel 2.6.31-amd64 and DRBD-8.3.4, then
switch over and update master?

Can we use (just during upgrade) old DRBD-8.3.0 with new userland tools
from 8.3.4?

I saw nothin in documentation about upgrade procedure. Is it anywhere
documentet?

Thanks for advice.

Dimitrij

--