[DRBD-user] Problems with drbdf on multipathed devices

Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com
Mon Oct 12 15:51:27 CEST 2009

Hi all!
I am experiencing some severe problems with drbd on multipathed devices.
Setup consists of two Bladecenter H with HS21 Blades and Qlogic HBA,
DS4700 Storages.
Sles 11 x86_64, DRBD 6.3.4
The system is running an oracle database and some custom made
applications. As long as the nodes are connected to their respective
storage systems, everyting works fine. If I disconnect the storage from
the master node however, the drbd does not detach the drive, bit keeps
happily running without reporting any error. The Kernel shows the paths
and disks failed, so there seems to be a problem between the drbd and the
devicemapper multipath drivers. Normal Path-failovers with only one path
going down work well, so the dmmp seems to work ok.
What I would need, is a system, that does fail over to the machine that
still has physical connection to its disks.
Handler is set to detach.
Thanks in advandce for your help
 Best regards,

Robert Köppl