[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.3rc3.tar.gz

Gernot Schmied gernot.schmied at chello.at
Fri Oct 2 11:45:14 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2009, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Philipp Reisner:
> Hi,
>
> We are still holding our breath how and when DRBD will land in
> Linux mainline. I was told, that it can go in after 2.6.32-rc1
> since it is a driver and not a patch to the more central parts
> of the kernel. It will go in through Jens Axboe, although I
> do not know when exactly.

Hi Linbit folks!

for what it's worth:

I was following the discussion on the Linux kernel mailing list and the
strange arguments about unified frameworks with RAID and LVM and the
user space control tool discussion. Congratulations for the patient and
calm way of replying and hanging in in the face of very awkward
arguments brought up against DRBD inclusion.
I got the impression that the majority of kernel maintainers realize the
"pressure" of an established solution that is used in production all
over the world and the huge leverage of distribution builders who
require DRBD to fill a gap. At the end of the day deployment base and
user acceptance for an elegant and reliable solution will surely make
the difference.

Gernot