[DRBD-user] drbd slow I/O with lustre filesystem

Charlie Schluting charlie at linbit.com
Thu Oct 1 17:40:04 CEST 2009

Dam Thanh Tung wrote:
> After synchronizing a couple of our disk, we reformat it with lustre
> file system format and start copying our data to drbd disk, but its I/O
> wait is too high ( about 25% ) and the copy speed from our web client to
> drbd device is too slow, only about 13MB/s although we're using 1Gb
> Ethernet !!!

This blog entry has a few important tips:
http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/performance-tuning-drbd-setups/

Either al-extents or unplug-watermark would likely provide a huge boost
in performance.

There is also a webinar on performance tuning here:
http://www.linbit.com/en/education/on-demand-webinars/drbd-performance-tuning/

Cheers,
 -Charlie