[DRBD-user] Slow write performance with 10 Gig Ethernet

Felix Arbach felixarbach at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 20:09:02 CET 2009

Hi,

i have two identical servers equipped with 10 GigE cards. MTU is set to 9000 and with iperf i got over 9 Gbit/s over my network connection. The servers are directly connected. The disks (10x 2 TB SATA, RAID 6) are quite fast. I got about 700 MB/s write speed with drbd standalone. With drbd connected the write speed drops to about 150 MB/s. The sync-rate is at about 290 MB/s. Why is my write speed so slow?

Here is my drbd.conf:

global {
  usage-count no;
}