[DRBD-user] open source ha san

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Nov 16 18:02:33 CET 2009

Am Montag, 16. November 2009 17:11:00 schrieb er krishna:
> Dear Lars,
>
> Please tell if you like the design and you are thinking to put it on your
> site. I have some detail design other documents also which I want to put on
> DRBD site.
>
> Best Regards,
> Krishna

Hi Krishna,

It is not only about the design, it is more about the content of your
papers. There are a number of errors in the "ha_san_raid_lvm_aoe.pdf"
document:

*) Never put meta data on a loop device. It might deadlock under
   memory pressure.
*) No need to create the file system on top of DRBD twice. Once
   on each node!!
*) I got the impression you advise to mount an ext3 fs on the
   secondary (ro). This has a severe cache coherency issue, and
   should not be advised to anyone.

The kernel patch simply drops all caches on the initiator side,
which is rude in a way.

Sorry, but I do not want to have this on .drbd.org as it is.

-Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.